Quick Quiche Lorraine
From Penzey's Spices and written by Howard Helmer, this recipe is so easy a novice can prepare it.
- Ready In:
- 1 nine inch frozed deep dish pie shell
- 8 ounces bacon
- 1 onion
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F Using a fork prick the inside of the frozen pie crust.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and lower oven to 325F.
- Meanwhile cook the bacon in a medium skillet on medium heat. Drain on paper towels.
- Add chopped onion and salt and pepper to bacon fat. Saute over medium heat about 5 minutes.
- Increase to heat to high and cook onions until golden.
- Transfer onion to pie shell.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the half and half. Stir in the cheese and cooked bacon.
- Pour this mixture into pie shell.
- Bake until set, about 40 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made this for dinner last night and had it for breakfast too!! It is very good and easy to make. I had a frozen pie crust, made up the bacon and onion as directed, but I didn't have half and half so I just used 2% milk and it came out fine. I did throw in some cheddar and jack that I had in addition to the swiss and also some chopped spinach. It turned out terrific!! I would recommend to anyone.Reply
Wonderful quiche!! I made 1/3 of the recipe and used a recipe from my "Small Batch Baking" cookbook for the pie crust which made one mini pie/quiche to serve two. I served it with some fresh fruit and blueberry muffins, yummy brunch!! Made for your win in the football pool game, congrats again!!Reply
see 5 more