Recipe by TOOLBELT DIVA
Serve this recipe over Basmati rice Suggested wine: Sauvignon Blanc.
Top Review by twissis
An excellent curry dish! I halved this recipe for just 2 of us & made 1 substantial chg, but was otherwise faithful to the recipe. We are not fond of tomato-based curry dishes, so I subbed coconut milk for the tomato sauce. I used pre-cooked Icelandic baby shrimp & added them for the last few min of cooking time b4 serving over rice. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us.
- 1360.77 g shrimp, cooked, shelled and deveined the day before
- 1 head celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 sweet peppers, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 236.59 ml butter
- 793.78 g can tomato puree (or tomato sauce)
- 44.37 ml curry powder
- 4.92 ml thyme
- 4.92 ml marjoram
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml A.1. Original Sauce
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml black pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of
- peanuts or slivered almonds
- 29.58 ml raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté chopped celery, onion, peppers and garlic in butter in a large skillet.
- Remove to large pot or deep casserole and add one large can of tomato puree.
- Simmer until the ingredients are tender.
- Add curry and drop shrimp into mixture.
- Simmer on very low heat for a few minutes.
- Add all other ingredients and cook for about 20-30 minutes until thoroughly blended and well heated.