This is different and delicious, wonderful to serve for parties and for snacks. If you are a garlic and onion-lover (like me) then add in 1-2 tablespoons fresh garlic with an onion when browning the beef. Any amount of garnishes may be used, the amounts listed are only estimated --- my Kittencal's Taco Seasoning Mix works well with this :)
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef, cooked (can use more ground beef)
- 1 (35 g) package taco seasoning mix (or Kittencal's Taco Seasoning Mix)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 (8 ounce) packages crescent roll dough
- 1 whole medium green bell pepper (do not chop)
- 1⁄2 head lettuce, shredded
- 1 large tomato, coarsely chopped, for garnish
- 1 small onion, chopped, for garnish
- 1 cup whole pitted black olives, for garnish
- 1 cup salsa (or more if desired)
- sour cream (to garnish)
- Set oven to 375°f.
- In a bowl, combine the cooked ground beef, taco seasoning mix, cheese and water.
- On a lightly greased pizza pan, or round baking stone, arrange the crescent triangles in a circle, with the larger sides of the dough overlapping each other a bit in center, and the points to the outside (you should have a 5-inch diameter circle in the center).
- Spoon a small amount of meat mixture over rolls.
- Fold points of triangles over the filling, and tuck under base at center (filling will not be completely covered).
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cut off the top of the bell pepper.
- Fill the pepper with salsa, and place in the center of the baked ring, (use salsa to spoon over taco rolls).
- Mound lettuce, onion, tomato and olives around the pepper.
- Garnish with sour cream -- serve!