1/3 Photos of Baked Taco Ring
This is different and delicious, wonderful to serve for parties and for snacks. If you are a garlic and onion-lover (like me) then add in 1-2 tablespoons fresh garlic with an onion when browning the beef. Any amount of garnishes may be used, the amounts listed are only estimated --- my Kittencal's Taco Seasoning Mix works well with this :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef, cooked (can use more ground beef)
- 1 (35 g) package taco seasoning mix (or Kittencal's Taco Seasoning Mix)
- 1 -1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 (8 ounce) packages crescent roll dough
- 1 whole medium green bell pepper (do not chop)
- 1/2 head lettuce, shredded
- 1 large tomato, coarsely chopped, for garnish
- 1 small onion, chopped, for garnish
- 1 cup whole pitted black olives, for garnish
- 1 cup salsa (or more if desired)
- sour cream (to garnish)
- 1Set oven to 375°f.
- 2In a bowl, combine the cooked ground beef, taco seasoning mix, cheese and water.
- 3On a lightly greased pizza pan, or round baking stone, arrange the crescent triangles in a circle, with the larger sides of the dough overlapping each other a bit in center, and the points to the outside (you should have a 5-inch diameter circle in the center).
- 4Spoon a small amount of meat mixture over rolls.
- 5Fold points of triangles over the filling, and tuck under base at center (filling will not be completely covered).
- 6Bake 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 7Cut off the top of the bell pepper.
- 8Fill the pepper with salsa, and place in the center of the baked ring, (use salsa to spoon over taco rolls).
- 9Mound lettuce, onion, tomato and olives around the pepper.
- 10Garnish with sour cream -- serve!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Taco Ring
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.7
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 436.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 9.1 g