Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is different and delicious, wonderful to serve for parties and for snacks. If you are a garlic and onion-lover (like me) then add in 1-2 tablespoons fresh garlic with an onion when browning the beef. Any amount of garnishes may be used, the amounts listed are only estimated --- my Kittencal's Taco Seasoning Mix works well with this :)
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef, cooked (can use more ground beef)
- 1 (35 g) package taco seasoning mix (or Kittencal's Taco Seasoning Mix)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 (8 ounce) packages crescent roll dough
- 1 whole medium green bell pepper (do not chop)
- 1⁄2 head lettuce, shredded
- 1 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped, for garnish
- 1 small onion, chopped, for garnish
- 1 cup whole pitted black olives, for garnish
- 1 cup salsa (or more if desired)
- sour cream (to garnish)
- Set oven to 375°f.
- In a bowl, combine the cooked ground beef, taco seasoning mix, cheese and water.
- On a lightly greased pizza pan, or round baking stone, arrange the crescent triangles in a circle, with the larger sides of the dough overlapping each other a bit in center, and the points to the outside (you should have a 5-inch diameter circle in the center).
- Spoon a small amount of meat mixture over rolls.
- Fold points of triangles over the filling, and tuck under base at center (filling will not be completely covered).
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cut off the top of the bell pepper.
- Fill the pepper with salsa, and place in the center of the baked ring, (use salsa to spoon over taco rolls).
- Mound lettuce, onion, tomato and olives around the pepper.
- Garnish with sour cream -- serve!
Thank you, we enjoyed this! A fun different dinner!
I had company coming and wanted to make something different to munch on. This looked so good, and so pretty. My friends, DH and I spooned some on our plates, loaded with some chopped lettuce, tiny diced tomatoes, black olives, salsa and sour cream and dug in! Who cares what it looks like once it's on your plate, when it tastes so good and your enjoying it so much together? This won my heart for ease of preparation, and the overall compliments from those I shared it with. This is going into my 'To Make Again' recipes! Thank you!
this is awesome, i made it for my boyfriend and his roomates and they loved it. they have 10 ounce containers of crescent now, so if you get two packages of that you can cook a whole pound of ground beef