Baked Onion Rings
photo by ColiesKitchen
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed corn flakes cereal
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt (such as Lawry's)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 large sweet onions, peeled,cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 eggs or 2 egg substitute, can be used
- Mix together the cereal, sugar, paprika, garlic salt, and seasoned salt.
- Separate onion sices into rings- you will only need to use the large size rings, save the smaller rings for another use.
- Beat egg until foamy in a small bowl.
- Dip onion rings into first the egg, then coat with seasonings (you may need another egg or a little extra seasoning mixture if your onions are particularly large).
- Set on greased baking sheets in one layer.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 F for about 15-20 minutes or until coating is crispy and onions are tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 6 more reviews