1/2 Photos of Asian Chicken Burgers
Nice flavors. I normally do not have to use an egg and breadcrumbs for these burgers. If your ground chicken is very dry or crumbly add an egg and a 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs. Nice served on a bun with lettuce, stir-fried beansprouts, teaspoon of soy sauce and sesame seeds. As a topping we use sour cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 deseeded red chili peppers (optional) or 1 green chili pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and finely chopped
- 1 lb ground chicken or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 -2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- oil (for frying)
- 1Heat the oil and fry the onion, ginger, garlic and chili for a 2-3 minutes, add the mushrooms for the last minute.
- 2Set aside to cool.
- 3Mix the ground chicken with all the other ingredients and the cooled onion mixture, shape into 4 or 6 burgers.
- 4Fry them in some oil on a medium fire for several minutes on each side until done and browned.
- 5Serve as suggested in the recipe-intro or use your own ideas.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Chicken Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.8
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 97.6 mg
- Sodium 388.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 21.4 g