1/1 Photo of Apple Raspberry Pie
2 hrs 50 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 7 ounces lard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons water, cold
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1Freeze the flour in a medium bowl for
- 2one hour.
- 3Refrigerate the lard for one hour then cut into cubes.
- 4In small cup combine vinegar, salt and water.
- 5Measure 1 cup flour on to table, place lard cubes on top then cover with the remaining flour.
- 6Roll rolling pin over the mixture until all of t pieces have been flattened and slightly incorporated.
- 7Scrape into a bowl an mix with liquid.
- 8Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- 9With a lightly floured rolling pin, roll out a rectangle about 8 X 12 inches.
- 10Fol to the center and roll out slightly to form an 8 inch square.
- 11Roll and fol once more.
- 12Wrap in parchment or waxed paper and refrigerate until needed.
- 13Peel and cut and core apples into eighths.
- 14Then dice crosswise into 1 1/2 chunks.
- 15Toss apples with lemon juice.
- 16Blend together 1/2 cup sugar with flour and spices.
- 17Add apples and toss until evenly coated.
- 18Add raspberries last toss lightly.
- 19Cut 1/3 dough and reserve.
- 20Roll remaining dough into a round 5 inches larger than dish.
- 21Place and fit into dish and trim overhang to 1 inch.
- 22Spoon in apples and dome evenly.
- 23Roll out remaining shell, crimp.
- 24Sprinkle remaining sugar onto crust.
- 25Cut 5 slits in center of dough.
- 26Bake 425 degrees for 10 minutes, lower temperature to 400 degrees for 40 minutes, turning to brown evenly, Let cool.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Raspberry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.5
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 25.5 mg
- Sodium 149.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 39.2 g
- Protein 4.5 g