Apple, Date, and Pecan Pie
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1 refrigerated prepared 9-inch pie crust
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 medium granny smith apples, peeled,quartered,cored and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces (3 cups)
- 2⁄3 cup pitted dates, snipped into small pieces (3 1/2 ounces)
- 2⁄3 cup pecans, about half coarsely chopped
- Adjust oven rack to the lowest position and heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and blend the yolks and whites.
- Brush about 1 teaspoon of the beaten egg over the rim of the pie crust dough.
- Add the vanilla, brown sugar, flour, baking powder to the eggs.
- Stir until well blended.
- Stir in apples, dates and pecans.
- Spread the mixture into the pie shell.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the pie on a wire rack.
- Serve at room temperature.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION