- Ready In:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups pecan halves
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter (melted)
- 1 pie crust
- Beat eggs lightly with an electric mixer or fork until combined.
- Stir in corn syrup, sugar, butter and vanilla extract.
- Stir well.
- Stir in pecan halves and pour filling into crust.
- Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven, for 45 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Tip: Cover edge of pie crust with aluminun foil for first 25 minutes of bake time, then remove for remaining 20 minutes, to prevent the crust from burning.
Join The Conversation
Followed the recipe to the T. I was too lazy to take out the electric mixer so I mixed this using a regular fork lol. I had to bake it for much longer than 45 minutes to get this to set. More like, an hour and 15-20 minutes. Had a slice when it was still warm and gooey. It’s currently in the fridge and will be reheated tomorrow before consumption again. I’ll then see exactly how cooked or uncooked this really is. It was delicious warm and gooey though. My first pecan pie and husband liked it. Oh, and I used dark Karo syrup because I read on other blogs that the light Karo version is super-duper sweet.
Made my first pecan pie for Christmas 2016 and this was was the recipe that I choose based on all the wonderful comments. I am so glad I did.... Everyone loved the pecan pie. Not as sweet as other pecan pies the family has had and that was one of the reasons why everyone loved it! Thank you for a fabulous recipe.