Extra-Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Ready In:
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons regular margarine
- 2 large eggs, Slightly Beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unbleached flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, Chopped
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- Combine the chocolate chips, evaporated milk, and butter in a small saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Combine the eggs, sugar, flour, salt, vanilla and pecans in a bowl and mix well.
- Gradually stir the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture, blending well, and pour into the unbaked pie shell.
- Bake in a 375 degree F. oven for 40 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Cool on a wire rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Rich is the right description for this decadent pecan pie. While we enjoyed it very much it was a bit different than I expected, which was traditional pecan pie with chocolate in it. Chocolate Fudge Brownie Pie would be my name for this desert. I made the pie as instructed, except for sprinkling an additional 1/4 cup pecans on top before baking. Whipped cream would have been wonderful with this pie, but I didn't have any on hand, and my guests didn't really miss it. This dessert goes together quickly and easily, and would appeal to almost anyone who loves chocolate and pecans.Reply