1/1 Photo of American Blueberry Crumble
When asked for a good blueberry crumble I came across this with great reviews from Garen Zamarra on Foodnetwork. You can double the recipe, use a 9x13 pan, and increase baking time by about 20 minutes. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, softened
- 2 pints blueberries or 2 pints any other berries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice (or apple cider)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly butter an 8-inch square baking dish.
- 2For the filling:.
- 3In a bowl, add the blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, orange juice or apple cider, and vanilla, Carefully mix the ingredients together with a spatula, leaving the blueberries whole. Set aside while you assemble the topping.
- 4For the topping:
- 5In the bowl of a mixer, add the flour, sugars, and butter. Using the paddle attachment, incorporate the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture looks mealy or crumbly. (This can be done by hand.) Stir in the oats and nuts.
- 6Pour the filling into an 8-inch square baking dish and evenly distribute the topping over the fruit. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling. Cool slightly and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for American Blueberry Crumble
Serving Size: 1 (1401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 573.6
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 32.2 mg
- Sodium 9.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 63.3 g
- Protein 7.8 g