Microwave Blueberry Crumble
Great way to make a nice dessert without turning on the oven. Found recipe in Simple & Delicious magazine, Mar '07 submitted E. Tomlinson
- Ready In:
- 3 cups fresh blueberries (or frozen if desired)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter (no exceptions)
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- In a greased 9-inch microwave safe pie plate, combine the blueberries, sugar and cornstarch.
- Cover and microwave on HIGH for 7-8 minutes or until thickened, stirring twice.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, flour, almonds and cinnamon.
- Cut in the butter to the oat mixture, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the oat mixture over the blueberry mixture.
- Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 2-3 minutes or until butter is melted.
- Serve with ice cream, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 8 more