1/1 Photo of Almond Scones
Great with a cup of tea or coffee for a snack, but equally at home on the breakfast or brunch table.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients (powdered almonds through sugar).
- 3Add the butter cubes, and massage them into the dry ingredients with your hands until you can no longer discern them; the mixture should look crumbly/sandy.
- 4Add all remaining ingredients (EXCEPT powdered sugar), mixing with a wooden spoon until they are completely incorporated, but do not over-mix.
- 5Divide the dough into 2 balls; it will be sticky but use a bit of additional flour to work.
- 6One at a time, lay each ball on a well-floured surface; sprinkle the top with flour, then flatten with your (well-floured) hands into a circle about 8 to 10 inches and 1 to 2 inches thick.
- 7Cut each circle into 8 wedges and place on a non-stick bake sheet (use a spatula if needed to facilitate the transfer).
- 8Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the scones are puffed and golden in color.
- 9If desired, dust with powdered sugar when cooled.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Scones
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.6
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 22.2 mg
- Sodium 167.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 3.0 g