Simple Sweet Scones
This is a simple perfectly delicious recipe my mom used to make for our family. It origioually came from a biscuits and scones recipe book, this one was always my favorite of all the recipes.
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar (use 1/3 for slightly sweeter scones)
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Heat oven to 425°F (220 Celsius).
- Put flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl; stir mix well Add butter and cut in with a pastry blender or rub in with your fingers, until the mixture looks like fine crumbs.
- Add sugar; toss to mix.
- Add milk and stir with a wooden spoon until dough forms,(the dough may be a bit crumbly).
- Place dough on floured counter and knead gently until the dough comes together in a ball.
- Pat or roll into a circle about 1 1/2 inches thick.
- cut each circle into 6 or 8 wedges.
- place wedges on a greased cookie sheet- slightly apart for crisp sides, touching for soft.
- Bake about 12 minutes, or until medium brown on top.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation