Great easy recipe. Add grated cheese and sprinkle paprika on tops for a savoury scone. Add 2 cups mashed pumpkin and a teaspoon of cayenne pepper for pumpkin scones.
- Ready In:
- Pre-heat oven to 200C and line baking tray with paper.
- Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl and mix well.
- Knead together until a soft dough and turn onto a floured board.
- Roll dough out to about 3cm thick and cut scones with a scone cutter.
- Place on tray and brush with egg and milk mixture.
- Cook in oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made for PAC spring 2008. These scones turned out well, it is a very versatile recipe. I made cheese scones, by adding 1 cup of grated cheese. I was a little confused by the recipe, I wasn't sure if I was supposed to put the egg and dash of milk in the dough or brush on top. After looking at another scone recipe I opted to put them in the dough. I also had to add quite a bit of flour while kneading the dough, probably close to 1/2 cup. But they turned out really nice. You could make any kind of scones with this basic recipe. I think I will try it with blueberries next :) Thanks.Reply