Maple Oat Nut Scones - Starbucks
This is a copycat recipe from Starbucks. I've altered the recipe a little so I could use a mixer instead of a processor....soooo very yummy!!!
- Ready In:
For The Scones
- 1 cup oats (quick or old-fashioned)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cold butter (small pieces)
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half or 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 teaspoon maple extract
- 2⁄3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maple extract
- 5 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Using a food processor or blender, finely grind oats.
- In a mixer, mix flour, oats, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Add maple syrup and butter and mix well.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with the cream and maple extract.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and mix well.
- Add pecans and mix just to incorporate.
- Place dough on a floured surface. Knead and pat dough into a 8 to 10 inch circle and cut into 8 wedges.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place wedges on top and bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until light brown.
- Remove scones from oven to wire rack. Let cool about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mix glaze ingredients until smooth. Adjust the amount of water to get to the desired consistency. I like the glaze to be rather thick. Spread lots of glaze over each scone and dry about 15 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 103 more