Erica's Rhubarb Cake
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put flour, salt, 3/4 cup of sugar, and baking powder in large mixing bowl. Add butter and cut into until crumbly.
- Beat eggs in small bowl.
- Add eggs and milk to flour mixture.
- Stir together like muffins.
- In separate large bowl, (make sure rhubarb is dry or it adds wetness to cake) put chopped rhubarb and 1 cup of sugar.
- Mix the rhubarb and sugar together.
- Put 2/3 of the cake mixture into a 13 X 9 inch that you did not grease, I repeat do not grease.
- Pour rhubarb on top.
- Drop remaining cake mix on top of the rhubarb.
- Bake for 55 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I don't think I've made a rhubarb cake before and this one was easy enough for someone who doesn't have much luck in the cake baking department (I never do!) - super moist and sweet without being overly sweet. Like another reviewer, I used splenda and whole wheat flour without any trouble - although I think my cake would have been fluffier if I had used all white flour and sugar. When I added the rhubarb there was a bit of wet sugary mix that remained in the bottom of the bowl - I didn't add it for fear that the cake would become soggy; I would add it next time though. Made for ZWT6.
see 8 more reviews