sliced white mushroom
( or onion)
garlic cloves, minced
4 fresh thyme sprigs or 3 pinches
vegetable bouillon cubes
2% low-fat milk
salt & pepper
- Melt butter in pot and add garlic, leeks thyme and 1 tsp salt.
- Add 1/4 cup of water cover and stew 4-5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook 4-5 minutes more.
- Add flour cook 2 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add bouillon and water; bring to a boil an simmer 20 minutes.
- Puree with immersion blender till smooth.
- Add milk and stir. Season to taste.
- Garnish with parsley and fried mushrooms if desired.