Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Your ordinary spinach dip is usually kind of bland. This recipe gives a little kick. Once I tried it I never went back to my other recipe, you will be sure to get raves on this. You can tone it down a little but I don't recommend it.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 tablespoon instant bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (I used the reconstituted type)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (hot sauce)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped fine
- Thaw and drain spinach.
- Squeeze as dry as possible, set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine beef bouillon granules and lemon juice to dissolve granules, set aside, in medium bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, dill weed, onion, Tabasco, white pepper, and water chestnuts.
- Stir in lemon and bouillon mixture.
- Stir in spinach and mix well.
- Pour into non-metal container and refrigerate until ready to use.
Wonderful dip, Bonnie!! I particularly liked the addition of the Tabasco sauce. I would have never thought to add it to a spinach dip. You are right, it gives it a nice zip. I will be replacing my old recipe with this one. Thanks so much. :-)
Hey there-I used beef bouillon and a little extra tabasco-wow what a super dip! The flavors blend together well and no, I wont be going back to the bland spinach dip again! This is so much better! Di
Sounds great have u ever added cilantro