Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are very good, you can double the complete recipe if desired.
Top Review by Backwoods Baker
Followed the recipe with cinnamon but no nuts. They flattened great. I noticed the bigger I made the cookie, the softer they were, but also more prone to breaking. Next time I make them, I will do a little more cinnamon and vanilla.
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional) or 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a baking sheet/s.
- Grind 3/4 cup rolled oats in a blender or food processor, then transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add in flour, cinnamon (if using) baking soda and salt; mix to combine.
- In a bowl beat butter until fluffy.
- Add in oil, both sugars, egg, vanilla and maple extract; beat until smooth an creamy.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Add in chocolate chips and nuts (if using).
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake (one sheet at a time) until firm around the edges and golden on top (about 12-15 minutes).
- Cool cookies for 2 minutes on sheet then remove to wire rack to cool completely.