Low Fat Whole Wheat Banana Nut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Low in Fat, High in Flavor! Makes 13 Large cookies.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (or any other nut)
- 1 large ripe mashed banana
- Beat Sugar and applesauce.
- Add in egg and vanilla.
- Slowly add mashed bananas with the dry ingredients, beating each addition well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts and drop dough onto a greased cookie sheet in rounded tablespoons.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 14-15 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I just made these. They are not bad! I used a little bit larger banana so I added about 1/2 cup oatmeal to the batter and used 1/4 cup Splenda and 1/4 cup sugar. Other than that I made the recipe as is. If you want something quick, somewhat healthy, sweet and not full of sugar and fat, this would fit the bill. Also, they are very moist, not dry at all! I will be making these again. Thanks for posting.Reply