The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies (Whole Wheat)
I have been experimenting with whole wheat chocolate chip cookie recipes for a few years. I have finally hit upon what I believe to be the PERFECT cookie recipe by combining ideas from a half a dozen decent recipes. This is more specifically directed at home-grinders.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter (soft)
- 1⁄4 cup honey (raw is best)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sucanat (brown sugar will do though not as good)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fresh ground soft whole wheat pastry flour
- 3⁄4 cup hard whole wheat flour (bread, can substitute 1 3/4 cup total store bought whole-wheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats (not quick)
- 3⁄4 cup ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup Nestle milk chocolate and caramel swirled morsels
- 3⁄4 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- Cream together butter, honey, vanilla and Sucanat (brown sugar).
- Add in egg. Cream well.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour(s), salt, baking soda and powder.
- Slowly add flour mixture to creamed mixture.
- Add oats, then chocolate chips and almonds (optional).
- Bake at 350 for approximately 10 minutes. Take them out while still a little bit gooey. Let finish baking outside of oven while cooling on the pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan once firm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
These cookies are truly perfect right out of the oven! I was a little scared that the oatmeal might make it not taste good. I was wrong they blend in perfectly. I don't feel as guilty eating this healthier version of a classic cookie. The only thing I would change on the recipe is less sugar. To me the cookie is to sweet but other then that its perfect. Thanks for the new keeper recipe! :)
Wonderful! I used regular raw sugar in place of sucanat, I didn't add the almonds and I used a chopped up toblerone bar for the chocolate. My family took a bite and loved them, then they gave me a funny look when I told them they were whole wheat. Crispy and chewy, the flavor of the whole wheat gives them a nutty taste.