Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Great for potlucks, you may double the complete recipe and bake in two pans these freeze very well, in place of the nuts dried cranberries or raisins may be used or any dried fruit desired, this is a fairly sweet bar so you might want to reduce the sugars slightly if desired --- servings is only esimated depending on the size of the bars --- for greasing pan see recipe#78579
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon maple extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1/2 cup pecans
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch pan (for thinner bars bake in a larger pan and reduce the baking time slightly).
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter with both sugars until fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla; beat until well combined.
- In another bowl mix together flour with cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture until combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips and nuts (batter will be very thick).
- Transfer the mixture to prepared baking pan then spread out using a spoon.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Gross recipe. Does not turn out and is basically inedible. Way too much baking Soda in this recipe that allows this “recipe” to not cook properly and fall in the centre. Will not make again and do not recommend anyone else to make. Save yourself the headache and wasted ingredients and find a better recipe. Very disappointing.Reply