Recipe by SEvans
This is very tasty - easy to make and presents very well. I used a crock pot but a large dutch oven would work just fine. If you are not a red meat eater - omit the pork.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork or 1⁄2 lb sausage meat
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped into bite size pieces any color
- 2 cups white corn
- 2 cups largely chopped onions
- 6 diced tomatillos
- 2 (19 ounce) cans white kidney beans
- 1 (19 ounce) can navy beans
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas
- 127 ml green chilies
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons chili powder (more if you likeit hotter)
- green hot pepper sauce (to taste, I use several)
- 1⁄2 cup tapioca flour (for thickener at the end)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (for thickener at the end)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a frying pan - lightly brown the ground meats.
- In your crock pot or dutch oven combine ALL the ingredients (except tapioca and last of the broth) including the cooked meat.
- Cook on low in Crock pot for 7 - 8 hours or on very low heat for 3 - 4 hours in dutch oven.
- Approximately 20 - 30 minutes before serving - mix the tapioca powder and chicken broth until combined - pour into the chili and stirr to thicken. This method gives this recipe a very very low carb count.