Recipe by KadesMom
Very easy, healthy and full of flavor. Only 6 pts!
Top Review by Artefactfinder
This is very easy to make. I've seen other recipes for this dish where the rice turns out a little yellower but over all the flavor was good. It's a good weekend easy meal. One thing I noted is that it tastes WAY better on day 2 when the flavors have developed. I will make again.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup canned chicken broth
- 3 medium garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 dash cajun seasoning
- 1⁄3 cup frozen green pea
- 2 cups cooked white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into cubes.
- Place chicken, tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, garlic and seasonings into 4-quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Add peas and rice; cook, uncovered, until peas are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.