Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a recipe I have been making for years. I originally got it out of a Betty Crocker magazine. It is a simple answer to a cozy, comfort meal. This is not low calorie (unless you use low cal dairy products) but it is delicious. My husband loves this over rice or noodles. (we use egg noodles, the thick kind for an authentic look). If it doesn't have enough spices for you add them in. Think of it as a base recipe. The meat is tender and the sauce smooth but thick. It is great for making and taking to new moms, sick friends or those who need a break from cooking. It makes you house smell wonderful. If you can't find cream of golden mushroom or cream of onion don't despair just sub in cream of mushroom and cream of celery. Use high quality meat and dairy products and you are set. Another one that people always ask for the recipe.Enjoy ChefDLH
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancondensed cream condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancondensed cream of onion soup
- 1 (6 ounce) jar Green Giant sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 6 cups hot cooked noodles or 6 cups cooked rice
- In 3 1/2- to 4 1/2-quart slow cooker, mix beef, onion, soups, mushrooms and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours or until beef is very tender.
- Stir cream cheese into beef mixture until melted. Stir sour cream into beef mixture. Serve over noodles or rice.
Very easy, satisfying meal! I made it just as directed and served over egg noodles. Thanks for sharing!
Nice quick meal. Easy to throw together in the morning before leaving for work. I think a little more flavor could be added. I might try adding some wine next time. Thanks for the recipe. Made for PAC Spring 2009.