Paula Deen's Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
photo by CIndytc
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 20mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 lbs sirloin tip roast, cut into 1 1/2 ' pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced (bottled type)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 (16 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. Cook in batches for 4-5 minutes or until pieces are browned on all sides.
- In a 4-6 qt slow cooker, combine roast, onion and next 7 ingedients. Cover and cook on Low for 8 hours or until beef is tender. Cook noodles according to pkg directions. Serve beef over the noodles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, in California. I am now a stay at home mom after trying desperately for 9 years. With the love and generosity of my sister-in-law who acted as our surrogate we now have a beautiful little boy, Ian. I love to camp and go jet skiing with my husband and our families. We have a wonderful chihuahua named Swiffy! She is always making us laugh. We enjoy spending time with our many nieces and nephews. I am an avid reader and I'm addicted to reality television!</p>