1/1 Photo of (Very) Simple Fried Rice
Note: 1 C uncooked rice = 3 C cooked. It's best to use rice that has been cooked the day before and stored in the refrigerator. Freshly cooked rice is too wet and will result in a soggy mess. I affectionately call this "Rule of 3 Rice" because of all the threes...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whip eggs until they are frothy. Scramble, then set aside.
- 2Steam carrots until slightly soft (about 5 minutes). If using frozen peas & corn, run under hot water to thaw.
- 3Break up any clumps in the rice. Over medium-high heat, heat oil in a large pan or wok. Add rice and stir for about 1 minute, until heated through. Reduce heat to medium.
- 4Add soy sauce, garlic, salt & pepper. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- 5Add onions, peas, corn, carrots and eggs. Stir-fry for 1 minute, until heated through.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for (Very) Simple Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.5
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 770.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 11.1 g