Sweet & Sour Beef-Cabbage Soup
photo by TattooedMamaof2
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 1⁄2 cups frozen peppers and onions, thawed & chopped
- 1 medium golden delicious apple, unpeeled & diced
- 6 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 cups savoy cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add beef, caraway seeds and thyme, cook, stirring until beef is mostly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Add in pepper-onion mix and apple; cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes more.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, honey and paprika and adjust the heat so the mixture boils gently. Cook for 8-10 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Stir in cabbage and cook until just barely tender, 3-4 minutes more. Season to taste with vinegar, salt and pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a happily married mother of two and I own a jewelry and accessory business. My husband and I were vegan for six years, we now eat poultry and fish. My husband is a personal trainer and competitive bodybuilder, so it's very important that we eat healthy... too bad I have such a sweet-tooth!