Ww Chicken Fried Rice (3 Points)
photo by mydesigirl
- Ready In:
- cooking spray
- 4 large egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped, green and white parts
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, diced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, kept hot
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat. Add egg whites and cook, until scrambled, stirring frequently, about 3 to 5 minutes; remove from pan and set aside.
- Offheat, recoat skillet with cooking spray and place back over medium-high heat. Add scallions and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add chicken and carrots; sauté until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in reserved cooked egg whites, cooked brown rice, peas and soy sauce; cook until heated through, stirring once or twice, about 1 minute.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
So.... 12 oz chicken and 2 cups of rice divided to make 6 servings?? I stir fried 3 cups of cauliflower "rice" with this and it really made a difference. Filled us up with a 1c mixture of 1/3c brown rice and 2/3c cauliflower. *** Also, tossed the cubed chicken in 3 TBSP corn flower and garlic powder. Added 3 more points to the entire meal and... We loved it!!! I know portions are important...but when you can add a veggie to fill you up, all is right with the world.
I made this last night for dinner and it was AMAZING!!! So yummy! But be careful to not eat to much! Cause it is VERY easy to do! And with the low points, Which I calculated 4 not 3, you can splurge!!! Thanks for such a GREAT recipe! This is going into our favorites folder!!! (Oh and I made this as written, no modifications!)