Recipe by cleash
Just stirred this up one night by looking at a for a good use of ground venison. The family thought it came out pretty good.
- 2 lbs ground venison
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, juice reserved
- 1⁄2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 cup dark beer
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ground venison, onion soup mix, the egg and one tablespoon Worcestershire sauce in a bowl.
- Drain sliced mushrooms putting juice in the meat mixture.
- Mix sliced mushrooms, both cans of Cream of Mushroom soup, the beef bullion and remaining Worcestershire sauce in separate bowl.
- Heat skillet over medium heat.
- Make small patties with meat mixtures. About half the mixture will fit in the skillet at once.
- Brown both sides of the patties, about five minutes per side.
- Once the first set is browned remove to a platter.
- Repeat the browning process with the other half of patties.
- When second set of patties are browned place them on the platter.
- De glaze the pan with the beer and pour into the the soup mixture.
- Place half the patties in the skillet and pour half the gravy mixture. Place the second set of patties on top and pour over the remaining gravy.
- Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Enjoy over mashed potatoes or egg noodles.