The Very Best Salisbury Steak
This is our favorite salisbury steak recipe. I always make enough extra sauce to serve over potatoes. Tastes like it took all day to cook.
- Ready In:
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can campbells French onion soup
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 -3 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄4 cup water
- In a large bowl, mix together 1/3 cup condensed French onion soup with ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, salt and black pepper.
- Shape into 6 oval patties.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown both sides of patties.
- Pour off excess fat.
- In a small bowl, blend flour and remaining soup until smooth.
- Mix in ketchup, water, Worcestershire sauce and mustard powder.
- Pour over meat in skillet.
- Cover, and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made this tonight for me and my boyfriend, I never had Salisbury steak before. It was great!, I did not add any extra salt as I figured there was enough in the soup. He never wants to eat leftovers and has already planned on eating again tomorrow!! Served over mashed potatoes, it made plenty of gravy. YumReply
see 281 more