Smothered Country Salisbury Steak
I found this recipe in a Kraft Food and Family magazine. This is very easy and quick to make -- tasty, too!
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (6 ounce) package chicken stuffing mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water, divided
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix meat, stuffing mix, 1-1/4 C water, and the onions until well blended. Shape into six 1/2" thick patties. Place in 15x10x1" baking pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet sprayed with non-stick spray, saute mushrooms 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add barbecue sauce and remaining 1/4 C water. Cook until heated through. Serve over patties.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Very good and easy to put together. After reading the other reviews I added some salt & Chef's Blend seasoning to the meat before forming into patties. I did make a brown gravy to go with these because my family vetoed the bbq sauce. I think these would be good either way. I served these with mashed potatoes and a salad. Thanks for posting!