Warm Winter Lemon Cake
photo by Hill Family
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix (2 layer size)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes jello lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling (4 serving size)
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Pour milk and water into a large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes and granulated sugar.
- Beat with a wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended.
- Pour over cake batter in dish.
- Place baking dish on baking sheet to catch drippings as mixture does bubble.
- Bake 55 minutes to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 20 minutes. (Mixture will thicken slightly as it cools).
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Spoon into serving dishes. Serve warm. Garnish with raspberries if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was really good -- was really not sure how it was going to turn out when I was putting it together, but was pleasantly surprised. Think that next time I might take a suggestion from some of the other reviews and adding a little extra lemon juice, as the filling did lack the flavor I expected in a couple of bites.
see 5 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in southeast Virginia and am an executive secretary for the Army. I love to cook and love food. I have a picky, picky 8-yr old, but he is a true blue chocoholic and budding cook! I have two beautiful granddaughters who visit often. I am teaching them to cook too. <br> <br> <br><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/Animation6.gif> <br> <br>I<img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg>