Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, diced
- 3 tablespoons salad oil
- 1⁄3 cup flour, whole wheat
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 potato, medium,peeled,grated
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, fresh,sliced
- 1 tomatoes, peeled,chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard, dry
- 2 cups soybeans, cooked
- 3 cups noodles, whole wheat,cooked
- 3 tomatoes, medium-size,sliced
- 1⁄3 cup parsley, minced
- Saute onion and celery in oil in a large dutch oven until soft.
- Stir in flour; cook several minutes, stirring over medium heat.
- Reduce heat; slowly add soy bean stock, stirring constantly.
- Add carrots, potato, mushrooms, chopped tomato, herbs and seasonings; bring to boil to thicken, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Alternate layers of soy beans and noodles in a greased 12 x 8 x 2 inch baking dish; pour some of the vegetable gravy over each layer.
- (Gravy should come almost to top of mixture).
- Arrange tomato slices over top; sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven fo 40 minutes.
Very tasty, everyone loved it. thanks.
Although this recipe has a couple discrepancies between the ingredients and the directions, it's worth figuring out. It is a healthy, filling, tasty meal! I cubed my potatoes and used kidney beans instead of soybeans. It turned out great, and I will make it again.