Dairy-Free Tuna Noodle Casserole
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A tuna casserole for those who cannot eat dairy.
- Ready In:
- 6 cups whole wheat pasta, cooked
- 1 (170 g) can tuna (flaked is easiest)
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine (I recommend Earth's Best)
- 2 tablespoons unbleached flour (you can use white)
- 2 cups chicken bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Set cooked noodles aside, do not rinse.
- Melt dairy-free margarine in pot over medium heat.
- Add flour to melted margarine, mix until no lumps remain.
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup chicken broth and mix until well blended into flour/margarine mixture.
- Slowly add the remaining chicken broth, mixing well.
- Add flaked tuna to the pot.
- Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Once boiling, add frozen peas.
- Simmer until desired thickness is achieved.
- Combine sauce with cooked noodles.
- Eat and enjoy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION