Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a vegan gravy that will fulfill your craving for a meaty gravy. Great over biscuits or toast, try it with noodles or rice too! Adapted from 3ABN. Enjoy!
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup cashews
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chicken-flavored vegetarian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon beef-flavored vegetarian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 0.5 (12 ounce) bag vegetarian sausage crumbles (or griller crumbles-Morningstar)
- In a saucepan, bring the 1 cup water to a boil.
- Blend the remaining ingredients, except sausage or griller crumbles until creamy, adding the flour at the end of blending(add flour slowly, whisking continually, so as not to get lumps.
- Add the blended mixture to the boiling water, stirring with a whisk until the mixture comes back to a boil.
- Stir in crumbles and heat another minute to warm. Serve piping hot over biscuits or toast.
This was really yummy. I used chicken-flavored bouillon, but no beef seasoning. It ended up tasting more like chicken gravy than sausage gravy. I used crumbled, browned tempeh instead of veggie sausage crumbles. I didn't think the mixture was going to be even close to thick enough, but after I added it to the boiling water, it thickened like magic! I used veggie broth instead of water for extra flavor. I will definitely make this again. It was probably the best vegan gravy I've had.