Recipe by KCShell
My Great grandmother worked at the original Valentino's Pizza Place in Lincoln, Ne. She was nearly 80 and her job was to put the sauce on the pizza. Today, it is a chain of restaurants, buffet style. I still remember what it was like to be in the back of that busy kitchen!
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 package dry yeast (2 1/4 tsp.)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- pizza sauce, of choice
- pizza toppings, of your choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir hot water, sugar and dry yeast until blended.
- Add oil, salt and flour.
- Stir until mixture forms a soft ball.
- Let rest 5 minutes.
- Roll out on a pizza stone.
- Top with your favorite pizza sauce and toppings.
- Bake 400* 15 minutes or until golden brown.