Classic Pizza Crust
photo by Nimz_
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
2 14 inch crusts
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the yeast, 1 cup of flour, and the salt. Mix.
- Next, add the water and oil.
- Beat on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and continue to beat on high speed for 3 minutes.
- By hand, stir in enough flour to make the dough stiff.
- Knead until smooth which can take up to 10 minutes.
- Place in a well greased bowl and turn the dough until it is lightly greased.
- Cover and let rise for about 1 1/2 hours or until the dough has doubled in size. Punch it down and chill for 2 hours.
- Cut the dough in half.
- On a floured surface, roll the halves into 12 inch circle and about 1/8 inch thick.
- Brush the surfaces of the dough with olive oil and add the toppings of your choice. Cook at 425* for 25 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is our new favorite pizza crust recipe! I actually cut the dough in half after punching down, put each half in a sandwich bag then into the fridge. Very easy to put together, wonderful flavor and texture. We've used this recipe for breakfast and dessert pizzas as well and it's always perfect. We've also put it into a cake pan and bushed some olive oil on top then sprinkled it with cheese and herbs and ate it that way and with dipping oils and it's just delicious. Really the best pizza crust recipe I've ever tried, I love it!