Recipe by Faux Domesticity
My mom always makes vegetable soup this way, and it's perfect when you feel like you're coming down with something. Packed full of vitamins without tasting like it! This is also extremely versatile and can be changed according to your tastes. Serve with crusty bread or crackers.
- 1 lb stewing beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (46 ounce) can vegetable juice
- 2 (14 ounce) cans mixed vegetables, halfway drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium stock pot, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until onion is tender and beef is slightly pink in the center.
- Drain excess fat and return to pot.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables reach desired tenderness. (In case your mixed vegetables contain carrots or other roots).