photo by Andi Longmeadow Farm
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground chuck, browned
- 1 (46 ounce) bottle V8 vegetable juice
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
- While browning ground chuck, pour V-8 and cream soups into another pot.
- Heat soup mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat,add vegetables and cover.
- When beef is done, drain and add to soup.
- Heat 10 minutes, over medium heat, stirring every so often.
- Serve hot with breadsticks.
- Yum-Yum (as my 2-year old says!).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Just so great, bravo! This is a fun, great, slurpy, good, fill you up, soup! We loved it! I didn't have any frozen veggies, so I used fresh lima beans, fresh cut potato, and fresh carrots, that I microwaved to cook, and then added them right into the soup just as the beef was done cooking. Might add some fresh tomato next time! Made for PICK A CHEF Fall 2012
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love food! I believe naming your recipe is just as important as the ingredients. If it sounds good, the kids will have a positive attitude towards it, before they even take a bite. I'm a stay at home mom of three (twins almost 16 years old and an 8-year old). I'd rather cook than clean. I spend hours pouring over my cookbook collection and even more time with my cooking magazines, cutting and pasting recipes into my own binders. If I had a month off, I'd take my family to Florida and Mexico. We'd sit on the beaches and eat fresh seafood forever! And of course, DH and I would enjoy endless Coronas and Tequila Sunrises while our very competant nanny watches the kids.