Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from the Houston Chronical's food section entitled " Feast at a Jewish Table". The recipe was reprinted from The Hadassah Jewish Holiday Cookbook,a compilation of fund raising cookbooks from Hadassah women around the country and Israel.
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely diced
- 1 medium sweet potatoes or 1 medium yam, coarsely diced
- 1 large baking apple, seeded and coarsely diced
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup matzo meal
- 1⁄2 cup pitted prunes (optional) or 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sweet wine or 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Grease an 11x7-inch baking pan.
- By hand or in food processor in two batches, chop and mix all ingredients.
- Put in prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
Very good - a nice change from traditional tzimmes. I used an extra carrot, yam and raisins.