This was just printed in today's food section--The Houston Chronicle--hope you enjoy this tasty pie!
- Ready In:
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells, prebaked (according to manufacturer's instructions)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup coconut
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients except pie shell.
- Cook over medium heat until filling is thick.
- Pour into pie crust, and bake about twenty minutes at 350° until firm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very delicious pie! Rich and sweet, but not overly so as the pineapple seems to nicely brighten it up. I made exactly per instructions and wouldn't change a thing. The pie stands very well on its own, but I did top the slices with a little whipped cream, a sprinkling of toasted coconut and a marachino cherry just to add a little visual interest. Thank you, Peggy Lynn!Reply