Spinach-Mushroom Matzo Kugel
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil or 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large celery rib, diced
- 0.5 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (cooked to package directions then hand-squeezed dry)
- 3 1⁄2 cups matzo farfel
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1⁄4 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste) or 1 teaspoon white salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in mushrooms, cook stirring until they loose their moisture.
- Add onion and celery; saute until tender (about 4 minutes).
- Add in spinach and cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and cool the mixture just slightly.
- Stir in the matzo farfel, eggs, chicken broth, water, garlic powder, seasoned salt or white salt and pepper; stir to combine then transfer to prepared baking pan.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees F for about 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!