Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I first had this delicious recipe at a Bunko game. I have made it several times since and everyone just raves over it! There are never any left over!
- Mix the cream cheese and scallions together ahead of time so the flavors can blend.
- Lay out 8 slices of bread and spread them all with a thin layer of scallion cream cheese.
- Place a single layer of turkey on half the slices, cutting the edges to fit the bread.
- Place the basil leaves randomly on top of the turkey.
- Top with the other 4 slices of bread, cream cheese side down.
- Wrap and refrigerate until the cream cheese is cold and firm.
- Cut the sandwiches into whatever shapes desired.
- Serve chilled.
Great flavor combination! I used green onions and basil from the garden and took these to a birthday brunch. Received a lot of compliments on the combined flavors. I will make them again. Thank you for sharing this recipe!
These "small" sandwiches are simply awesome! The fresh basil is the key. Have made these several times when entertaining a few house guests and they are always a hit.
I made these for senior canasta night, and they were barely touched. I heard one person say they were too onion-y. The flavors with the raisins, green onions, basil and turkey together did taste odd to me, too. Sorry. I really wanted to like these.