I first had this delicious recipe at a Bunko game. I have made it several times since and everyone just raves over it! There are never any left over!
- Mix the cream cheese and scallions together ahead of time so the flavors can blend.
- Lay out 8 slices of bread and spread them all with a thin layer of scallion cream cheese.
- Place a single layer of turkey on half the slices, cutting the edges to fit the bread.
- Place the basil leaves randomly on top of the turkey.
- Top with the other 4 slices of bread, cream cheese side down.
- Wrap and refrigerate until the cream cheese is cold and firm.
- Cut the sandwiches into whatever shapes desired.
- Serve chilled.