1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Babs in Toyland's Note:
This recipe is from the Flying Biscuit Cafe in Atlanta and it is the most ordered item on their menu. Don't be intimidated by the number of ingredients, it is real easy to make and I promise you that the aroma while this is cooking is unbelievable. It makes 2 meatloaves so you can eat one now and freeze the other one for later and also you can freeze any leftover horseradish sauce. I must warn you - people will eat more than one helping and they will fight over the leftovers! I alway serve this with mashed potatoes and a nice green vegetable and a salad. Rolls are nice to have with it also to sop up the sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 celery ribs, minced
- 1/2 large yellow onion, minced
- 2 small carrots, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 2/3 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, minced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey
- creamed horseradish
- 1To make meatloaf:Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Line bottom and sides of two 8 1/2-by-4 1/2 loaf pans with waxed paper and set aside.
- 3In a large skillet, heat the canola oil over medium high heat.
- 4Add the celery, onions, carrots and garlic to the pan and saute until the onions are translucent and carrots have softened about 7 minutes.
- 5Add the basil, oregano, rosemary, pepper and salt to the vegetables.
- 6Saute briefly to bring out the flavor of the herbs.
- 7Remove from heat and let cool.
- 8In a large bowl, combine the contents of the skillet with the bread crumbs, eggs, cream, sun-dried tomatoes, Parmesan, mozzarella, ketchup and turkey.
- 9Mix by hand until all ingredients are incorporated, then mound mixture into prepared loaf pans.
- 10Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes or until the internal temperature on an instant read thermometer reaches 180 degrees.
- 11Cool slightly, then cut and serve topped with the horseradish sauce.
- 12To make the sauce: Place a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and add butter.
- 13Once the butter has melted, whisk in the flour.
- 14Remove from heat and whisk in cream and milk, whisking in a slow, steady stream to prevent lumping.
- 15Return the pan to the stove and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens and becomes bubbly.
- 16Turn off the heat and stir in salt and white pepper and horseradish.
- 17Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Meatloaf with Creamy Horseradish Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (2376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2220.7
- Calories from Fat 1223
- Total Fat 135.9 g
- Saturated Fat 60.4 g
- Cholesterol 764.8 mg
- Sodium 4967.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 116.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 28.5 g
- Protein 137.9 g