Barefoot Contessa's Turkey Meatloaf
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 3 cups chopped yellow onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 5 lbs ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Saute onions in olive oil until translucent, about 15 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock and tomato paste and mix well.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Combine ground turkey, bread crumbs, egg and onion mixture in a large bowl.
- Mix wll and shape into a rectangular loaf on an ungreased sheet pan.
- Spread the ketchup evenly on top.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours until the internal temperature is 160F and the meatloaf is cooked through.
Join The Conversation
This is my go-to meatloaf recipe. It does make a ton, but I love to give half away and still have leftovers for sandwiches during the week. It is also easy to scale to make a smaller portion. I make is as is, except for the topping, just a personal preference, don’t like ketchup meatloaf topping. Seems pretty healthy to me and very flavorful.