1/1 Photo of Turkey-Barley Soup
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 20 mins
This is a fabulous recipe, especially when made with my Rescued Turkey Stock (#24576). It also freezes very well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml canola oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, scraped and sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 946.36 ml sliced button mushrooms
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 1419.54-1892.72 ml turkey broth (preferably Rescued Turkey Stock #24576)
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 59.14 ml barley
- 9.85 ml red wine vinegar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml freshly ground black pepper
- 473.18 ml chopped cooked turkey meat (make sure all bones are removed)
- 1In a large skillet, heat oil and saute onions, carrots, celery and mushrooms; sprinkle thyme on veggies and continue to saute until softened, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- 2Pour turkey stock into a large pot (if you have less than 8 cups of stock, add water to make up difference) and whisk in the tomato paste; stir in sauteed veggies; turn heat to high.
- 3Stir in barley, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- 4When soup comes to a boil, turn heat down to a simmer and cook, covered, for about 1 hour, or until barley is tender.
- 5Stir in turkey meat and continue to simmer just until soup is heated through.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey-Barley Soup
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.1
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 458.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: