Recipe by foodtvfan
An easy to make Kraft tuna cake recipe. We served these tasty patties on toasted kaiser rolls with sliced tomatoes and lettuce. As suggested by reviewer, chill in refrigerator before frying (optional). You could also dip the patties in breadcrumbs just before frying too. Also good with a side of creamed corn or creamed peas and french fries. You can make these fish cakes with red sockeye salmon too.
Top Review by Butter&Jam
I have made both versions of this & prefer the tuna. I used cornbread flavor stuffing mix, swiss cheese and let the mixture sit in the frig overnight. Quick & easy. Thanks so much for sharing this one.
- 1⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (120 g) package chicken stove top stuffing mix
- 2 (170 g) cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet, sprayed with cooking spray, on medium heat.
- For each tuna cake, shape 1/2 cup lightly packed tuna mixture into a patty.
- Add patties to the skillet in batches.
- Cook for three minutes on each side until golden brown on both sides, turning carefully.