Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Lovey, creamy, tomatoey, mousse with a perfect salmon-pink appearance. Looks really fancy for guests if set in a fish-shaped mould and once unmoulded, garnished with a few prawns and lemon slices. Keeps for at least 3 days in the refrigerator. Preparation time does not include chilling/setting time.
- 20 ml gelatin
- 100 ml water
- 1 (60 g) packet tomato soup mix, dissolved in
- 450 ml water
- 125 ml cottage cheese, smooth
- 250 ml mayonnaise
- 1 small green pepper, finely diced
- 1 onion, small, finely diced
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 eggs, hard boiled, chopped
- 2 (170 g) cans light chunk tuna in water (not oil)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (more to taste)
- 50 ml coffee creamer
- Combine gelatine and 100 ml water in a bowl placed over a container of boiling water and mix until dissolved.
- In a separate pan bring the soup to a boil and stir until thickened.
- Add gelatine to soup and allow to cool.
- Add all other ingredients and pour into an oiled (preferably fish-shaped) mould.
- Allow to set completely in the fridge.
- Turn out on a platter and garnish with prawns and lemon slices.
- Serve with crusty bread or melba toast.