Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Ricardo's magazine. Haven't tried yet.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup converted rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, soften the onion and garlic in the oil.
- Add the rice and stir to coat the grains with oil.
- Add the broth and tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat, cover and simmer until cooked about 25 minutes.
Loved this! Would actually have given it 4.5 stars but since not an option, I rounded up. I used fresh diced tomatoes (about 5 large) and increased the garlic. LOVED the taste! Cooking time was spot on. Will definitely make again!
My family and I loved this rice dish, we served it with chicken enchiladas so I added some louisiana hot sauce to spice it up a bit. Thanks Redsie, I will make this again!